Banana Flowers Can Prevent Diabetes
Bắp Chuối trị bệnh Tiểu Đường!
Chloroform extract from Banana Flower is found to reduce blood sugar level according to a study. This article tries to gain further insight in to its usage in our diet.
What the Study revealed?
- 0.15kg,0.20g/kg and 0.25g/kg of Chloroform were extracted from the Banana flower.
- For 30 days period, the extractions were injected to experimental rats.
- Decrease in the blood sugar level was significant.
- Improvement of Hemoglobin level in the blood was recorded.
- Weight loss was observed.
- Pronounced effects were seen for 0.25g/kg of injection.
- Conclusion was that banana flower had Hypoglycaemic properties.
- It is an anti-diabetic vegetable.
How to cut the Banana Flower before its intake?
- Cutting the banana flower for the first time needs instructions.
- Banana Flower has many layers.
- Beneath every layer there are florets.
- Remove the pink layers and take the yellow florets.
- A string is found in the middle of the floret. It has a tiny head.
- A white cover is also found with florets.
- The string and the white cover are not edible and should ne removed.
- Patience is required to find the string and the white cover from each of the florets.
- The inner portion of the florets will be tender than the upper portion.
- We find a white bulb at the core of the floret.
- The tender florets and the white bulb are to be cut in to small pieces.
- Soak the cut pieces in water with little butter milk. This will prevent discoloration of the florets till they are cooked.
- There are several delicious recipes available in internet for diabetic patients to cook the banana flowers.
- But they are cut in this manner before they are cooked.